Antigua and Barbuda, a dual-island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea, offers an attractive Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program. This program, established in 2013, provides a pathway for high net worth individuals and their families to acquire legal citizenship in this picturesque Caribbean destination.
The CBI program of Antigua and Barbuda is designed to attract foreigners who can make a substantial contribution to the development of the country. Investors, along with any family members, can directly qualify for citizenship through investment. This can be achieved either by making a donation or investing in real estate purchase.
The benefits of obtaining citizenship through this program are numerous. The Antigua and Barbuda passport is highly regarded and has an excellent reputation. It allows visa-free travel to over 140+ countries worldwide. Other benefits include:
- No residency or personal visit to Antigua and Barbuda needed
- Tax-free status – no income, inheritance or wealth tax
- Lifetime citizenship
- Easy second passport and citizenship for your family members
- Privacy in a small peaceful country
- Dual citizenship benefits
- Choice of Real estate investment
- Processing time only 3 months
- Free movement in the CARICOM
There are four main ways in which investors can apply for citizenship under the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Programme:
- National Development Fund (NDF): This involves making a non-refundable contribution to the National Development Fund. The minimum contribution required is $100,000 for a single applicant.
- Real Estate Investment: Investors can also choose to invest in government-approved real estate projects such as luxury villas and resorts. A minimum investment of $200,000 must be made in one of these properties to qualify for this programme.
- University of the West Indies Fund: A non-refundable contribution of $150,000 to this fund is another option. This option is only applicable to families of six or more.
- Business Investment: Investors can invest $1,500,000 as a single investor or $400,000 as part of a joint investment involving at least two persons totaling at least $5,000,000.
Family Related Costs
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program also extends to include family members of the main applicant. This includes spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents or grandparents.
For each additional dependent, regardless of age, there is an extra due diligence fee and processing fee charged. The exact costs vary depending on the number of dependents included in the application and their age.
In conclusion, the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program offers an attractive pathway for individuals and their families seeking second citizenship. With its numerous benefits and investment options, it continues to be a popular choice among high net worth individuals worldwide.